Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year’s Blog: Reflections and Resolutions

Over this year, I’ve learned a lot, and I think I’ve grown a lot as a person.  I’ve learned how important positivity is with people.  All people.  Being home, I think I was more able to apply some of the positivity and patience I apply in the classroom with my family.  That’s a really good sign, for me, because it means that I may be more capable of applying it to the more professional interactions in my life.  I’ve struggled with that forever, but maybe that’s changing. 

I made some really amazing friends.  I think I forget about that because they were often really far away from me, but the other volunteers in my group are amazing individuals, and I’ve loved getting to know them and travel with them and be a part of this crazy adventure with them.  I’m really sad that they won’t be there, but as the Girl Scout song goes, “Make new friends, but keep the old…” I’m resolving here and now to be excited about the new volunteers and not compare anything to last year: not try to find “This Year’s Abby” or “Jenn 2014” or “Jamie2.0” or “KSaddRemixed.” And instead just be excited for Namibz2014. 

I’m also going to resolve to chill out a bit, and not be high strung.  Listen, smile, and breathe more, and stress-cry less.  2014 has a lot of potential. I’m going to be stronger-willed without being antagonistic, more goal-directed, with understanding, positive, and patient.  Let’s do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment