Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Field Trip!

13/3/13

                We took the grade 8 learners studying agriculture to a government run farm today to check out some of their machinery, fruit and vegetable nurseries, and the irrigation in their orchard.  I learned a lot! For example, they have a similar planter to the one at McNamara Dairy! Also, fruit plants apparently do better when sown into the ground first, and then transplanted to pots? That seemed backwards to me, but what do I know (“Not much, you?”—I miss NPR!)  The learners were very attentive! And they got to ride on the tractor and sheller around the farm. 


                One the way back (we walked because it was only like 1.25 km away), we sang songs and made jokes! I taught them Mmmp Ap Went the Little Green Frog and the Hippopotamus Song, and they LOVED them!  I also got really into their singing the song for the Kavango Region (hear that in the video below… sometimes I pretend I am a bass, but I know that I am not).



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the video!! and your bass addition. What a great crowd. Are you still thinking about a school garden?

    ReplyDelete