Sunday, March 17, 2013

Preparing for the Ministry

Tomorrow, the Ministry team of people who were the masterminds behind the Vision School will be here.  So this past week, we've been teaching, meeting, getting our files ready, and I've added Life Skills to my course load.  It's been one of those highly productive weeks, where I just keep working, and finding other work to do and keep doing it and being awesome.  I feel like in the past 72 or so hours I've gotten so much done! But tomorrow, my soul will probably be ripped apart. So whatever.

I taught two Life Skills classes on Friday, and they went really really well! We were working on writing SMARTER (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound, Energizing (it's supposed to be evaluated), and Reevaluated) goals.  And we wrote with music playing.  And the kids love it.  And I love it! I was skipping around the staff room at the end of the day.

Today, I worked with a bunch of learners on getting the computers re-organized after the kids in class set up their folders and made messes of all of the icons etc.  And we set up learner accounts on the rest of the computers.

All of my files and lesson plans are as ready as they are going to be. So I say bring it on Ministry.

1 comment:

  1. You GO, girl! I am glad you are having fun with all this. I must point out that you were born to straighten out files! ;-) I hope it went well -- and I hope your soul is ripped apart in those tiny micro-tears that they tell me about at the gym. Where the tears heal and grow into stronger muscles! Much love, wonder girl.

    ReplyDelete